Terms & Conditions
Booking an online course with theoryMode is easy and straightforward. Once you have decided on the course you wish to take, you can place your order on the theoryMode website.
Before placing an order, please read our terms and GDPR policy. The terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for using the theoryMode platform and taking the course, while the GDPR policy outlines how we handle and protect personal data. It’s important to read and understand these policies before placing the order to ensure that you are fully aware of your rights and responsibilities. By placing an order you confirm that you agree with these conditions.
After placing the order, you will receive an email confirmation with your order details, including the course start date and any other relevant information. You will also receive an email with your login details to access the course materials and interact with the instructors.
- Payment for the online course can be made using our secure online payment methods or via bank transfer. Once the payment is confirmed, the student pack will be sent out the next working day. The student will have a 12-month course access period, starting from the date that the payment is received.
- It’s also important to note that local taxes and import duties outside of the UK and E.U are not included in the course fee. These additional charges will be the responsibility of the student to pay and will vary depending on the country of residence.
All student packs are sent with tracking information. However, TheoryMode has no responsibility for packs that are lost due to the recipient being unable to receive them. It is the responsibility of the student to provide the correct and accurate posting address.
Upon arrival, it’s important to check the content of the student pack. A list of provided items can be found on the order confirmation PDF. If there are any missing or damaged items in the student pack, it is the student’s responsibility to report them within 14 days from the date of arrival.
What’s Included :
- 12-month access to our online learning platform
- Approved online courses by the RYA
- Updated RYA course materials and RYA publications
- Equivalent to the course Student’s Pack
- 7 days a week of support by RYA-qualified instructors for the duration of the course
- Landline telephone backup as required by each student
- Every endeavor will be made to help you achieve your aims.”
Course Duration – Extensions
- After payment, users will have access to our online courses for 12 months.
- Users have the right to extend the course for another 6 months for 50£.
- In total, users can extend their course up to 2 times, for a total duration of 24 months.
- Users are responsible for keeping track of their course duration and for extending their course promptly.
- If a user does not extend their course before the expiration date, access to the course will be terminated and will not be able to be restored”
Our Interactive Courses’ Policy
- Our interactive courses include 7 days a week of support from qualified RYA instructors through email communication.
- Certificates are issued in line with the RYA guidelines.
- Should your instructor determine that you have not reached the required standard after completing the coursework and the assessment, they will work with you to determine the course of action required to develop the skills and knowledge required.
- theoryMode has a zero-tolerance abuse policy and reserves the right to remove students from their course for any unacceptable behavior.
- Should you feel that the course or the instructor has not met your expectations at any point, please make it known to your instructor as soon as possible.
- We do not accept any rude or threatening behavior towards the instructor support team.
Pre – Course Knowledge
- Most of our online courses do not require pre-course knowledge, however, some courses have specific requirements.
- A more demanding course like the Yachtmaster theory requires Day Skipper Theory knowledge. A course like this is demanding and students with no previous knowledge may find it difficult to follow.
- If you have any doubts about the required pre-course knowledge, please contact one of our instructors at firstname.lastname@example.org before signing up for the course.
- It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that they have the required pre-course knowledge before starting the course.
- If a student enrolls in a course for which they do not have the required pre-course knowledge, theoryMode is not responsible for any difficulties the student may experience in following the course.”
Cancelation Policy & Returns
- Students have the right to cancel the agreement and request a return of fees within 14 days of the order. To do so, the student pack must be returned to our distributor in “new”, undamaged, and unused condition. The cost of posting the pack back is covered by the student.
- Once the student pack is received, access to the learning platform will be terminated, and fees will be returned to the student within 5 working days. However, TheoryMode reserves the right to deduct the cost of damaged and missing materials as well as the cost of posting from the returned fees.
- Upon successful completion of the course, the student’s RYA certificate will be posted to the address provided during the booking process. If the student wishes for the certificate to be posted to a different address, they must inform TheoryMode in ample time.
- The final online assessment for courses such as Day Skipper and Yachtmaster, it can be invigilated by a qualified Yachtmaster Instructor in contact with the TheoryMode instructor, please let us know if you wish so. The certificates are issued and posted within 7 days after the final assessment, upon successful completion. However, TheoryMode has no responsibility for certificates that have been lost in the post. If students request their certificates to be posted by courier, they will need to cover the additional posting costs. The cost of certificate replacement is 25£.
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the personal data of our users. The following terms and conditions outline our policy for the collection, use, and protection of personal data on our website.
Collection of Personal Data. We collect personal data from users when they register for an account, purchase a course, or sign up for our newsletter. The personal data we collect includes but is not limited to, name, email address, and payment information.
Use of Personal Data. The personal data we collect is used to provide users with access to our courses and to send them information about our services. We may also use personal data for internal research and analysis. We will not share personal data with any third parties except as required by law or to protect our rights and interests.
Protection of Personal Data. We take reasonable steps to protect personal data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We also use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to protect personal data during transmission.
Right to Access, Correct, and Delete Personal Data. Users have the right to access, correct, or delete their data at any time. To do so, they can contact us via email at [contact email].
Use Of ” Cookies “
- Users are responsible for ensuring that they have a stable internet connection and that the website is compatible with their devices (iPad, iPhone, Android, PC, tablets).
- If users encounter any problems, they should contact us at email@example.com
- The courses purchased must be completed by the user and cannot be shared or transferred. Access is for the applicant only.
- Users are responsible for using the site and its information responsibly. Course materials should not be used in a classroom setting.
- No part of the online documents can be reproduced, stored in, or introduced into a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) or for any purpose, without the express written permission of George Nounesis.
- Course materials should be treated as any copyrighted material and should be protected as such.”
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed by the laws of Greece.
Any dispute arising under or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Greek courts.
By using our website and services, you agree to the jurisdiction of the Greek courts and waive any objections based on venue or forum non conveniens.